Sunday, September 5, 2010

charles harris dr. carr leacture reflections

Charles Harris


02653030



On Tuesday morning I woke up at 8:55, knowing I would be late to class I decided to lie in bed till 9. After I put my clothes on I began my long walk from drew hall. Once I got to my freshmen Seminar class I was pondering why the teacher from last week was no where to be found and why there was a weird man reading notes I thought I was dreaming still, in some form of inception. Things got a little better once he introduced the speaker for the class, his name was Dr. Carr. As he was introduce Dr. Carr’s credentials were said which I found very impressive. Dr. Carr began his lecture and from this point I was blown away. I learned more About African history and effects on the earth in the 45 minutes he spoke than in the many years of history class. It was powerful information that could easy sway a person major to African studies. My favorite quotes was “ don’t let people tell you Africans Americans started off with slavery in American because that makes everything that happen after look great”. I learn Africans were the first to speak, read and write. The most impressive thing during the lecture would have to be him translating hieroglyphics as if it was his native tongue it was truly Amazing. Dr. Carr gives off life when he speaks you can tell he really has a passion for his work which I cant say the same for every professor on earth. I can easily tell why he was awarded professor of the year multiple times. I was very lucky to have him lecture my Freshmen Seminar class.

No comments:

Post a Comment